Rab Lyrics - Oye Kunaal | Sher Bagga

Rab Lyrics by Oye Kunaal. Lyrics in Punjabi, Roman Punjabi and English translation, official video, details and meaning.

Introduction

"Rab" is a Punjabi devotional love song from the 2022 Punjabi film Sher Bagga. It is sung by Oye Kunaal, written by Farmaan and composed by Oye Kunaal himself. Released by Burfi Music, the song plays over the film's most tender stretch, where love quietly turns into a prayer. Its hook — the lover taking his beloved's name before God until God Himself grows restless — has made "Rab" one of the most heartfelt Punjabi songs of 2022. Below you will find the complete Rab lyrics in Punjabi (Gurmukhi script), Roman Punjabi and a full English translation, along with the official video, complete song details and answers to common questions.

The Song

"Rab" means "God", and the entire song is built as a prayer. Farmaan's writing keeps the language simple and sincere: the lover asks God for nothing for himself — only for his beloved's safety, in the line "Ohde ton teri hifazat manga" (from Him, I ask for your protection). The chorus then turns the idea up a notch: by taking her name before God again and again, he has left even God anxious — "Rab muhre naam tera lai lai ke, Rab pareshaan karda". Oye Kunaal's soft melody, with gentle guitars by Shomu Seal, gives the words the feel of a quiet ardaas rather than a film song, which is exactly why the track stayed with listeners long after Sher Bagga left cinemas.

The Artists

Oye Kunaal is a Punjabi singer and music composer known for emotional, melody-first songs, and "Rab" is his calling card — he has sung, composed and produced the track himself. The lyrics are by Farmaan, a Punjabi lyricist whose plain-spoken, heartfelt writing has powered a string of recent Punjabi love songs. Together the two built "Rab" as a small, focused team — one voice, one pen and one tune — with guitars by Shomu Seal and a mix that keeps the vocal front and centre throughout.

The Music Video

The official video of "Rab" is a film edit from Sher Bagga, directed by Jagdeep Sidhu. It follows Sher (Ammy Virk) and Gulab (Sonam Bajwa) through the soft, everyday moments of a new marriage in rural Punjab — shared glances, family teasing and the quiet protectiveness that the song itself is praying about. The video was released on Ammy Virk's official YouTube channel ahead of the film's theatrical release on 24 June 2022, and it has crossed millions of views since. You can watch the official video embedded further down on this page.

The Music Label

"Rab" was released by Burfi Music, the music label founded by Punjabi superstar Ammy Virk — the banner under which the complete Sher Bagga soundtrack was issued. The official video premiered on Ammy Virk's own YouTube channel, @officialammyvirk, which serves as the label's official home and carries the film's full album. Streaming the song through the official channel supports the film's team and the label directly.

Rab Song Details

Song:Rab
Movie:Sher Bagga
Singer:Oye Kunaal
Composer:Oye Kunaal
Lyrics:Farmaan
Cast:Ammy Virk, Sonam Bajwa
Music Label:Burfi Music
Language:Punjabi

Rab Lyrics in Punjabi

ਦੁਨਿਯਾ ਦੀ ਨਾ ਫਿਕਰ ਮੈਂ ਕਰਾਂ
ਤੇਰੀ ਆਈ ਵੀ ਮੈਂ ਹੀ ਮਰਾਂ
ਇਬਾਦਤ ਮੰਗਾ, ਇਜਾਜ਼ਤ ਮੰਗਾ
ਉਹਦੇ ਤੋਂ ਤੇਰੀ ਹਿਫਾਜ਼ਤ ਮੰਗਾ

ਓ ਥੋਡੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਸੱਜਣ ਜੀ
ਜੱਗ ਨੂੰ ਹੈਰਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ
ਰੱਬ ਮੁਹਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰਾ ਲੈ ਲੈ ਕੇ
ਰੱਬ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ
ਰੱਬ ਮੁਹਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰਾ ਲੈ ਲੈ ਕੇ
ਰੱਬ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ

ਨਾ ਧੁੱਪਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦੇਖਾਂ, ਨਾ ਛਾਵਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦੇਖਾਂ
ਤੇਰੇ ਵੱਲ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਬੱਸ ਰਾਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦੇਖਾਂ
ਜੇ ਹੋ ਗਈਆਂ ਜੁਦਾਈਆਂ, ਹੋ ਜਾਣੀਆਂ ਤਬਾਹੀਆਂ
ਅੱਲ੍ਹਾ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਆਹੀ ਮੈਂ ਪਾਉਂਦੀਆਂ ਦੁਹਾਈਆਂ

ਓ ਥੋਡੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਸੱਜਣ ਜੀ
ਸੱਬ ਕੁਰਬਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ
ਰੱਬ ਮੁਹਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰਾ ਲੈ ਲੈ ਕੇ
ਰੱਬ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ
ਰੱਬ ਮੁਹਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰਾ ਲੈ ਲੈ ਕੇ
ਰੱਬ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ

ਨਿਸ਼ਾਵਰ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਵਰ ਹੈ ਤੇਰੇ ਤੋਂ, ਤੇਰੇ ਤੋਂ
ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰੇ, ਡਰ ਲੱਗੇ ਨਾ ਹਨੇਰੇ ਤੋਂ
ਅਮੀਨ ਹੈ, ਅਮੀਨ ਹੈ, ਯਕੀਨ ਹੈ, ਯਕੀਨ ਹੈ
ਫਰਮਾਨ, ਫਰਮਾਨ, ਤੇਰੇ ਬਿਨ ਕਾਹਦਾ ਜੀਣ ਹੈ

ਤੂੰ ਵੀ ਯਾਦ ਕੀ ਰੱਖੇਗਾ
ਹੋ ਤੂੰ ਵੀ ਯਾਦ ਕੀ ਰੱਖੇਗਾ
ਜਾ ਖੁਦਾ ਦੇ ਸਮਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ
ਰੱਬ ਮੁਹਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰਾ ਲੈ ਲੈ ਕੇ
ਰੱਬ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ
ਰੱਬ ਮੁਹਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰਾ ਲੈ ਲੈ ਕੇ
ਰੱਬ ਪਰੇਸ਼ਾਨ ਕਰਤਾ

Rab Lyrics in Roman Punjabi

Duniya di na fikar main karaan
Teri aayi vi main hi maraan
Ibadat manga, ijazat manga
Ohde ton teri hifazat manga

Oh thodde vaste sajjan ji
Jag nu hairaan karta
Rab muhre naam tera lai lai ke
Rab pareshaan karta
Rab muhre naam tera lai lai ke
Rab pareshaan karta

Na dhuppan nu dekhan, na chhawan nu dekhan
Tere val jaande bas raahan nu dekhan
Je ho gaiyan judaiyan, ho janiyan tabahiyan
Allah nu vi aahi main paundiyan duhaiyan

Oh thodde vaste sajjan ji
Sab kurban karta
Rab muhre naam tera lai lai ke
Rab pareshaan karta
Rab muhre naam tera lai lai ke
Rab pareshaan karta

Nishawar nishawar hai tere ton, tere ton
Naal je tu mere, dar lagge na hanere ton
Ameen hai, ameen hai, yakeen hai, yakeen hai
Farmaan, Farmaan, tere bin kahda jeen hai

Tu vi yaad ki rakhega
Ho tu vi yaad ki rakhega
Ja khuda de samaan karta
Rab muhre naam tera lai lai ke
Rab pareshaan karta
Rab muhre naam tera lai lai ke
Rab pareshaan karta

Rab Lyrics in English

I do not worry about the world
If your turn ever came, I would die in your place
I ask for worship, I ask for permission
From Him, I ask only for your protection

For you, my beloved
I have left the whole world astonished
Taking your name before God, again and again
I have made even God restless
Taking your name before God, again and again
I have made even God restless

I look neither at the sunshine nor at the shade
I only watch the roads that lead towards you
If we were ever separated, everything would be ruined
Even to Allah, this is the plea I keep making

For you, my beloved
I have sacrificed everything
Taking your name before God, again and again
I have made even God restless
Taking your name before God, again and again
I have made even God restless

I am devoted, completely devoted to you, to you
If you are with me, I do not fear the darkness
It is certain, it is certain, I believe it, I believe it
Farmaan says, without you, what is the point of living

You too will remember this
Oh, you too will remember this
Go — I have made you equal to God
Taking your name before God, again and again
I have made even God restless
Taking your name before God, again and again
I have made even God restless

Rab Lyrics Meaning

"Rab" is a prayer disguised as a love song. In Punjabi culture, a lover's devotion is often measured against devotion to God, and Farmaan pushes that comparison to its limit: the singer does not merely pray for his beloved, he prays so relentlessly — repeating her name before Rab Himself — that even God is left restless. The verses move from selflessness (he would die in her place and asks only for her protection) to surrender (everything is sacrificed for her, and life without her is pointless). By the final verse, the beloved has been raised to the level of God — "ja khuda de samaan karta" — which is the song's boldest and most memorable confession.

Rab Music Video

Conclusion

"Rab" is the emotional centre of Sher Bagga — a Punjabi love song that prays instead of pleading. Oye Kunaal's own composition and voice, Farmaan's sincere writing and Burfi Music's clean presentation turned it into one of the most loved Punjabi film songs of 2022. We hope the Punjabi, Roman Punjabi and English versions of the Rab lyrics above help you sing along and understand every word. Also Read: Muskuraa Lena Tum Lyrics - Palak Muchhal and Teetra Lyrics - Renuka Panwar on Muxic Leaks.

FAQs

Who sang the song Rab from Sher Bagga?

Rab was sung by Oye Kunaal, who also composed the song himself.

Who wrote the lyrics of Rab?

The lyrics of Rab were written by Punjabi lyricist Farmaan.

Rab is from which movie?

Rab is from the 2022 Punjabi film Sher Bagga, directed by Jagdeep Sidhu and starring Ammy Virk and Sonam Bajwa.

On which label was Rab released?

Rab was released by Burfi Music, Ammy Virk's label, and its official video is available on Ammy Virk's YouTube channel (@officialammyvirk).

What does the word Rab mean?

In Punjabi, Rab means God, and the song is written as a lover's prayer to God for his beloved's protection.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

Post a Comment

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.