Cuff It Lyrics - Beyoncé

Cuff It Lyrics by Beyoncé. Lyrics in English, official video, details and meaning.
Cuff It Lyrics - Beyoncé

Introduction

Cuff It is a feel-good funk and disco anthem by American singer Beyoncé, from her seventh studio album Renaissance. Released in 2022, the song became one of the most loved tracks from the album, thanks to its groovy bassline, carefree mood and a chorus that invites everyone to let loose and enjoy the night.
On this page you can read the complete Cuff It lyrics in English, along with the song details, the official lyric video, the meaning of the song and answers to the most frequently asked questions about it.

The Song

Cuff It is the fourth track on Renaissance, the dance-focused album Beyoncé released on 29 July 2022. Built on a funky groove inspired by classic disco and R&B, the song also samples Teena Marie's 1988 hit Ooo La La La. After the album release, Cuff It went viral on social media through a popular dance challenge and was released as a single, reaching the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100.

The Artist

Beyoncé is one of the best-selling and most awarded music artists of all time. Known for landmark albums like Dangerously in Love, Lemonade and Renaissance, she has shaped modern pop and R&B for over two decades. Renaissance, her seventh studio album, is a celebration of dance, disco and house music, and Cuff It is one of its standout party tracks.

The Music Video

Beyoncé released the official lyric video of Cuff It on her YouTube channel, presenting the words of the song with stylish visuals in the spirit of the Renaissance era. You can watch the official lyric video embedded below on this page.

The Music Label

Cuff It was released by Parkwood Entertainment, Beyoncé's own entertainment company, in association with Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. Columbia Records is one of the oldest and biggest record labels in the world.

Song Details

SongCuff It
SingerBeyoncé
AlbumRenaissance
LyricsBeyoncé, Denisia Andrews, Brittany Coney, Morten Ristorp, Raphael Saadiq, Terius Gesteelde-Diamant, Nile Rodgers, Mary Brockert, Allen McGrier
MusicBeyoncé, Nova Wav, Raphael Saadiq, The-Dream, Nile Rodgers
GenreFunk, Disco, Dance-Pop
LanguageEnglish
Music LabelParkwood Entertainment, Columbia Records
Released29 July 2022

Cuff It Lyrics in English

[Verse 1: Beyoncé]
I feel like fallin' in love (Fallin' in love)
I'm in the mood for fu*kin' something up (Tonight, I'm fu*kin' something up, baby)
I need some drink in my cup (I need a drink), hey (Pour it, pour it)
I'm in the mood for fu*kin' something up (Tonight, I'm fu*kin' something up, baby)

[Pre-Chorus: Beyoncé]
I wanna go missing, I need a prescription
I wanna go higher, can I sit on top of you? (Can I sit on top?)
I wanna go where nobody's been (I wanna go where nobody's been)
Have you ever had fun like this? Oh, woah (Have you ever had fun? Yeah)

[Chorus: Beyoncé]
We gon' fu*k up the night, black lights
Spaceships fly, yeah (Spaceships fly)
Unapologetic when we fu*k up the night, fu*k up tonight
We getting fu*ked up tonight
We gon' fu*k up the night

[Post-Chorus: Beyoncé]
Bet you you'll see far, bet you you'll see stars
Bet you you'll elevate, bet you you'll meet God
'Cause I feel like falling in love
I'm in the mood for fu*kin' something up
We gon' fu*k up the night

[Verse 2: Beyoncé]
What's in these four walls? You sexy, my love (Turn me up)
Don't miss this roll call, is you hear me? (Rollin' up)
Show up, show up (Show up, show up)
Po' up, po' up, oh (Po' up, po' up)
You're Mr. Nasty, I'll clean it up

[Pre-Chorus: Beyoncé]
I wanna go where nobody's been (I wanna go where nobody's been)
Have you ever had fun like this? (Have you ever had fun like this?)
I wanna go missing, I need a prescription
I wanna go higher, can I sit on top of you? (Oh la-la-la-la-la-la-la)

[Chorus: Beyoncé]
We gon' fu*k up the night, black lights
Spaceships fly (Spaceships fly), yeah!
Unapologetic when we fu*k up the night (Funk it up, funk it up), black lights (Funk it up, funk it up), fu*k up tonight
We getting fu*ked up tonight
We gon' fu*k up the night

[Post-Chorus: Beyoncé]
Bet you you'll see far, bet you you'll see stars
Bet you you'll elevate, bet you you'll meet God
'Cause I feel like falling in love
I'm in the mood for fu*kin' something up

[Verse 3: Beyoncé]
We gon' fu*k up the night
The night's exotic, sex, erotic
On my body, boy, you got it
Hit them 'draulics while I ride it
Got me acting hella thotty
So excited, so exotic
I'm a seasoned professional
Squeeze it, don't let it go
Tease it, no self-control
I got time today (I got time today, I got time)
Oh, I (I got time today, I got time)
I can't wait to come out and play
Ooh, yeah, you
Come and cuff it, cuff it, cuff it, cuff it, baby
While I bust it, bust it, bust it for you, baby
Oh, baby, anywhere, anytime, I don't mind, I don't mind

[Bridge: Beyoncé]
(I don't mind) Yeah! For you (Not for you)
I'm putting my cup up (Put my cup up), yeah! For you (Not for you)
We should get fu*ked up (I fu*k you up), for you (Not for you)
I'm putting my cup up (Put my cup up), for you (Not for you)
I'm putting my cup up

[Outro: Beyoncé]
'Cause we gon' fu*k up the night
Take flights (Woo, woo), blinding lights (Yeah!)
Fu*k it up, fu*k it up, fu*k it up
(Unapologetic when we fu*k up the night)
Bet you you'll see stars, bet you you'll go far
Bet you you'll elevate, bet you you'll never tame
Party people roll it up
Woo, yeah! Huh
We gon' fu*k up the night, yeah!
Spaceships fly
Fu*k it up, fu*k it up

Cuff It Lyrics Meaning in English

Cuff It is an unapologetic celebration of attraction, freedom and a wild night out. In the song, Beyoncé is in the mood to fall in love for the night, to drink, dance and get completely lost in the moment with her partner. The word cuff refers to holding on to someone and claiming them as yours, and the singer invites her lover to cuff it while she dances for him.
Through lines about black lights, spaceships and seeing stars, the song creates the feeling of a party that lifts you off the ground. Its disco and funk groove, borrowed in part from Teena Marie's Ooo La La La, turns the track into a pure good-time anthem about confidence, desire and living the night without regrets.

Cuff It Song Video

Conclusion

Cuff It is one of the most joyful songs on Renaissance, mixing disco, funk and modern pop into a track made for the dance floor. With its catchy chorus, star-studded writing credits and viral dance challenge, it remains a fan favourite from Beyoncé's dance era. We hope you enjoyed reading the complete Cuff It lyrics in English on Muxic Leaks.

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Who sang the song Cuff It?

Cuff It is sung by American singer Beyoncé. It is a track from her seventh studio album Renaissance, released in 2022.

Who wrote the song Cuff It?

Cuff It was written by Beyoncé together with Denisia Andrews, Brittany Coney, Morten Ristorp, Raphael Saadiq, Terius Gesteelde-Diamant and Nile Rodgers. It also samples Teena Marie's Ooo La La La, written by Mary Brockert and Allen McGrier.

What does Cuff It mean?

In the song, cuff it is slang for holding on to a romantic partner and claiming them as yours. The lyrics describe a carefree night of love, dancing and partying.

When was Cuff It released?

Cuff It was released on 29 July 2022 as part of Beyoncé's album Renaissance. It was later released as a single after going viral on social media.

Which label released Cuff It?

Cuff It was released by Parkwood Entertainment in association with Columbia Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

Post a Comment

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.