Die For You Lyrics - Starboy | The Weeknd

Die For You Lyrics by The Weeknd. Lyrics in English, official video, details and meaning.
Die For You Lyrics - Starboy | The Weeknd

Introduction

"Die For You" is a popular English song by Canadian singer The Weeknd, from his third studio album "Starboy" (2016). Although the song was released as an album track in November 2016, it slowly grew into one of The Weeknd's most loved songs and climbed to the top of the charts years later, becoming a global hit all over again in 2023. The song is a powerful promise of devotion: a man telling his lover that no matter how hard the relationship gets, he would die for her. On this page you will find the complete Die For You lyrics in English, along with the song details, the lyrics meaning, the official video and answers to common questions about the song.

The Song

"Die For You" is an R&B ballad built on a slow, dreamy beat and The Weeknd's emotional vocals. The song opens with a confession: he struggles to express his feelings, but tonight he will tell the truth, that he simply cannot say he does not love her. The pre-chorus shows two people who are scared of being lonely and scared of losing each other, yet cannot walk away because the love is real. The chorus turns this emotion into a vow: even though the relationship is going through a hard phase and the distance makes her feel alone, nothing will ever change his mind, because he would die for her. This mix of pain and promise is what made the song a favourite for couples around the world.

The Artist

The Weeknd, whose real name is Abel Tesfaye, is a Canadian singer, songwriter and producer, and one of the biggest pop and R&B stars in the world. Known for his unique voice and dark, emotional style, he has given global hits like "Blinding Lights", "Starboy", "Save Your Tears" and "The Hills". "Die For You" shows his softer, romantic side. The song is written by The Weeknd together with Cirkut, Billy Walsh, Sir Dylan, Cashmere Cat, Prince 85 and Doc McKinney, and produced by The Weeknd, Cirkut, Cashmere Cat, Prince 85 and Doc McKinney.

The Music Video

The official video of "Die For You" is available on The Weeknd's official YouTube channel and has been watched by millions of fans around the world. The song received a fresh wave of popularity on social media years after its release, and a remix version with Ariana Grande arrived in 2023, pushing the song to number one on the Billboard Hot 100. You can watch the official video in the video section of this page below.

The Music Label

"Die For You" is released by The Weeknd's own label XO together with Republic Records. The song appears as a track on the album "Starboy", which was released on 25 November 2016 and became one of the most successful albums of The Weeknd's career.

Die For You Song Details

Song:Die for You
Singer:The Weeknd
Songwriters:The Weeknd, Cirkut, Billy Walsh, Sir Dylan, Cashmere Cat, Prince 85, Doc McKinney
Producers:The Weeknd, Cirkut, Cashmere Cat, Prince 85, Doc McKinney
Album:Starboy
Music Label:XO / Republic Records
Language:English
Release Year:2016

Die For You Lyrics in English

I'm findin' ways to articulate the feelin' I'm goin' through
I just can't say I don't love you (Yeah)
'Cause I love you, yeah
It's hard for me to communicate the thoughts that I hold
But tonight, I'm gon' let you know
Let me tell the truth
Baby, let me tell the truth, yeah

You know what I'm thinkin', see it in your eyes
You hate that you want me, hate it when you cry
You're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the night
I'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time
I don't want this feelin', I can't afford love
I try to find a reason to pull us apart
It ain't workin' 'cause you're perfect
And I know that you're worth it
I can't walk away, oh

Even though we're goin' through it
And it makes you feel alone
Just know that I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah
The distance and the time between us
It'll never change my mind 'cause
Baby, I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah

I'm finding ways to manipulate the feelin' you're goin' through
But, baby girl, I'm not blamin' you
Just don't blame me, too, yeah
'Cause I can't take this pain forever
And you won't find no one that's better
'Cause I'm right for you, babe
I think I'm right for you, babe

You know what I'm thinkin', see it in your eyes
You hate that you want me, hate it when you cry
You're scared to be lonely, 'specially in the night
I'm scared that I'll miss you, happens every time
I don't want this feelin', I can't afford love
I try to find a reason to pull us apart
It ain't workin' 'cause you're perfect
And I know that you're worth it
I can't walk away, oh

Even though we're goin' through it
And it makes you feel alone
Just know that I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah
The distance and the time between us
It'll never change my mind 'cause
Baby, I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah

I would die for you, I would lie for you
Keep it real with you, I would kill for you, my baby
I'm just sayin', yeah
I would die for you, I would lie for you
Keep it real with you, I would kill for you, my baby
Na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na

Even though we're goin' through it
And it makes you feel alone
Just know that I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah
The distance and the time between us
It'll never change my mind 'cause
Baby, I would die for you
Baby, I would die for you, yeah (Would die for you)

Die For You Lyrics Meaning in English

The meaning of "Die For You" is an intense promise of love inside a relationship that is struggling. The singer admits he finds it hard to express his feelings, but he wants his lover to know the truth: he loves her and he always will. Both partners are afraid; she hates that she wants him and cries because of it, she is scared of being lonely, and he is scared of missing her. He even tries to find reasons to pull them apart, perhaps because the pain of loving so deeply is too heavy, but it never works, because in his eyes she is perfect and worth it, and he cannot walk away.

The chorus is the heart of the song. Even though the couple is "goin' through it" and the distance and time between them make her feel alone, he promises that nothing will ever change his mind: he would die for her. In the bridge he goes even further, saying he would lie for her and kill for her, which shows that his devotion has no limits. Overall, "Die For You" is about loving someone so completely that even pain, distance and time cannot weaken the bond.

Watch Die For You Video Song

Conclusion

"Die For You" proves that a great song never really gets old. Released in 2016 as an album track, it returned years later to top the charts worldwide, powered by The Weeknd's emotional voice and lyrics that speak directly to anyone who has loved deeply. We hope the Die For You lyrics above, along with the meaning and details, help you enjoy this timeless song even more. Stay tuned to Muxic Leaks for more latest English songs lyrics.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who sang the song Die For You?

The song "Die For You" is sung by Canadian singer The Weeknd (Abel Tesfaye).

Which album is Die For You from?

"Die For You" is a track from The Weeknd's third studio album "Starboy", released on 25 November 2016.

Who wrote Die For You?

"Die For You" is written by The Weeknd, Cirkut, Billy Walsh, Sir Dylan, Cashmere Cat, Prince 85 and Doc McKinney.

Which label released Die For You?

The song was released by XO and Republic Records.

What is the meaning of Die For You?

The song is about a man whose love is so deep that, even though the relationship is going through a hard time, he promises his lover that he would die for her and nothing will ever change his mind.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

Post a Comment

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.