Hype Boy Lyrics - NewJeans

Hype Boy Lyrics by NewJeans. Lyrics in Korean, Roman Korean and English translation, official video, details and meaning.
Hype Boy Lyrics - NewJeans

Introduction

Hype Boy is a song by South Korean girl group NewJeans, released in July 2022 as one of the singles from their debut EP New Jeans. With its bouncy R&B and pop sound and a music video told from different members' points of view, Hype Boy became one of the longest-running hits on the Korean charts and a signature song of NewJeans.
On this page you can read the complete Hype Boy lyrics in Korean (Hangul), in Romanized Korean and in English translation, along with the song details, the official music video, the meaning of the song and answers to frequently asked questions.

The Song

Hype Boy was released on 23 July 2022, ahead of NewJeans' debut EP New Jeans which followed on 1 August 2022. It was written by Gigi, Ylva Dimberg and member Hanni, and composed by 250 and Ylva Dimberg. Instead of one music video, the song received several official MV versions telling little first-crush stories, which helped it spread quickly among K-pop fans.

The Artist

NewJeans is a South Korean girl group formed by ADOR, a sub-label of HYBE. The group, with members Minji, Hanni, Danielle, Haerin and Hyein, debuted in July 2022 and changed K-pop with their easy-listening Y2K sound and natural styling. Hype Boy, together with Attention and Cookie, launched them straight to the top of the charts.

The Music Video

The official music videos of Hype Boy were released on the HYBE LABELS YouTube channel. Each version follows a member's short story about her hype boy, and the videos connect with each other. You can watch the official MV (Danielle & Haerin version) embedded below on this page.

The Music Label

Hype Boy was released by ADOR, the HYBE sub-label founded by Min Hee Jin, which manages NewJeans. The group's music videos are released through the official HYBE LABELS YouTube channel.

Song Details

SongHype Boy
SingerNewJeans
AlbumNew Jeans (EP)
LyricsGigi, Ylva Dimberg, Hanni (NewJeans)
Music250, Ylva Dimberg
GenreK-Pop, R&B, Pop
LanguageKorean, English
Music LabelADOR, HYBE Labels
Released23 July 2022

Hype Boy Lyrics in Korean

[Intro]
(1, 2, 3, 4)
Baby, got me looking so crazy
빠져버리는 daydream
Got me feeling you
너도 말해줄래

[Verse]
누가 내게 뭐라든
남들과는 달라 넌
Maybe you could be the one
날 믿어봐 한 번
I'm not looking for just fun
Maybe I could be the one

[Pre-Chorus]
Oh baby, 예민하대 나 lately
너 없이는 매일 매일이 yeah
재미없어 어쩌지
I just want you
Call my phone right now
I just wanna hear you're mine

[Chorus]
'Cause I know what you like boy
You're my chemical hype boy
내 지난 날들은
눈 뜨면 잊는 꿈
Hype boy 너만 원해
Hype boy 내가 전해

[Post-Chorus]
And we can go high
말해봐 yeah 느껴봐 mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy
눈을 감아
말해봐 yeah 느껴봐 mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy

[Bridge]
잠에 들려고 잠에 들려 해도
네 생각에 또 새벽 세 시 uh-oh
알려줄 거야
They can't have you no more
봐봐 여기
내 이름 써있다고

[Verse]
누가 내게 뭐라든
남들과는 달라 넌
Maybe you could be the one
날 믿어봐 한 번
I'm not looking for just fun
Maybe I could be the one

[Pre-Chorus]
Oh baby, 예민하대 나 lately
너 없이는 매일 매일이 yeah
재미없어 어쩌지
I just want you
Call my phone right now
I just wanna hear you're mine

[Chorus]
'Cause I know what you like boy
You're my chemical hype boy
내 지난 날들은
눈 뜨면 잊는 꿈
Hype boy 너만 원해
Hype boy 내가 전해

[Post-Chorus]
And we can go high
말해봐 yeah 느껴봐 mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy
눈을 감아
말해봐 yeah 느껴봐 mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy

Hype Boy Lyrics Romanized

[Intro]
(1, 2, 3, 4)
Baby, got me looking so crazy
Ppajyeobeorineun daydream
Got me feeling you
Neodo malhaejullae

[Verse]
Nuga naege mworadeun
Namdeulgwaneun dalla neon
Maybe you could be the one
Nal mideobwa han beon
I'm not looking for just fun
Maybe I could be the one

[Pre-Chorus]
Oh baby, yeminhadae na lately
Neo eopsineun maeil maeiri yeah
Jaemieopseo eojjeoji
I just want you
Call my phone right now
I just wanna hear you're mine

[Chorus]
'Cause I know what you like boy
You're my chemical hype boy
Nae jinan naldeureun
Nun tteumyeon inneun kkum
Hype boy neoman wonhae
Hype boy naega jeonhae

[Post-Chorus]
And we can go high
Malhaebwa yeah neukkyeobwa mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy
Nuneul gama
Malhaebwa yeah neukkyeobwa mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy

[Bridge]
Jame deullyeogo jame deullyeo haedo
Ne saenggage tto saebyeok se si uh-oh
Allyeojul geoya
They can't have you no more
Bwabwa yeogi
Nae ireum sseoittago

[Verse]
Nuga naege mworadeun
Namdeulgwaneun dalla neon
Maybe you could be the one
Nal mideobwa han beon
I'm not looking for just fun
Maybe I could be the one

[Pre-Chorus]
Oh baby, yeminhadae na lately
Neo eopsineun maeil maeiri yeah
Jaemieopseo eojjeoji
I just want you
Call my phone right now
I just wanna hear you're mine

[Chorus]
'Cause I know what you like boy
You're my chemical hype boy
Nae jinan naldeureun
Nun tteumyeon inneun kkum
Hype boy neoman wonhae
Hype boy naega jeonhae

[Post-Chorus]
And we can go high
Malhaebwa yeah neukkyeobwa mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy
Nuneul gama
Malhaebwa yeah neukkyeobwa mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy

Hype Boy Lyrics in English Translation

[Intro]
(1, 2, 3, 4)
Baby, got me looking so crazy
Got me chasing a daydream
Got me feeling you
You got something to say?

[Verse]
I won't listen to no one
There's no one else like you, none
Maybe you could be the one
You can ask anyone
I'm not looking for just fun
Maybe I could be the one

[Pre-Chorus]
Oh baby, heard I'm sensitive lately
Every day without you baby, yeah
Is hopeless, I'm going crazy
I just want you
Call my phone right now
I just wanna hear you're mine

[Chorus]
'Cause I know what you like boy
You're my chemical hype boy
Open my eyes to see
Old days gone like a dream
Hype boy, all I wanna
Hype boy, gonna tell ya

[Post-Chorus]
And we can go high
Say it now, yeah, feelin' how, mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy
Close your eyes
Say it now, yeah, feelin' how, mm mm
Take him to the sky
You know I hype you boy

[Bridge]
Try and try to sleep, no way I can sleep, no
It's already three, so attached to you, uh-oh
Gotta let them know
They can't have you no more
Wrote my name right here
So everyone knows I'm yours

Hype Boy Lyrics Meaning in English

Hype Boy is about the excitement of a brand-new crush. The singer is so drawn to the boy that he fills her daydreams, and every day without him feels empty and dull. She calls him her chemical hype boy, because the feeling he gives her is like a rush she cannot resist, and she asks him to call her just so she can hear that he is hers.
In the bridge she cannot sleep because she keeps thinking of him until three in the morning, and she wants the whole world to know her name is written on him. The song's light beat and sweet melody make it a perfect picture of young first love, full of butterflies and confidence.

Hype Boy Song Video

Conclusion

Hype Boy remains one of NewJeans' defining songs, a bright mix of K-pop, R&B and youthful first love that fans still sing along to in Korean, Romanized and English. We hope you enjoyed reading the complete Hype Boy lyrics on Muxic Leaks.

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Who sang the song Hype Boy?

Hype Boy is sung by South Korean girl group NewJeans. It was released in July 2022, before their debut EP New Jeans.

Who wrote the song Hype Boy?

Hype Boy was written by Gigi, Ylva Dimberg and NewJeans member Hanni, and composed by 250 and Ylva Dimberg.

What is Hype Boy about?

Hype Boy is about a girl who has fallen for her crush, her hype boy. She daydreams about him, wants him to call her, and wants everyone to know that he is hers.

When was Hype Boy released?

Hype Boy was released on 23 July 2022. NewJeans' debut EP New Jeans, which includes the song, was released on 1 August 2022.

Which label released Hype Boy?

Hype Boy was released by ADOR, a sub-label of HYBE. The official music videos were released on the HYBE LABELS YouTube channel.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

Post a Comment

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.