Hurt Lyrics - NewJeans

Hurt Lyrics by NewJeans. Lyrics in Korean, Roman Korean and English translation, official video, details and meaning.
Hurt Lyrics - NewJeans
Hurt Lyrics - NewJeans

Introduction

"Hurt" is a Korean R&B song by the South Korean girl group NewJeans, released as the closing track of their debut EP New Jeans in 2022. Where the EP's singles arrive with bright, bouncy energy, "Hurt" slows everything down: it is a quiet, aching song about waiting beside a silent phone and deciding, before anything goes further, that you will not be the one who ends up hurt.

On this page you will find the complete Hurt lyrics in Korean, in Romanized Korean and in English translation, along with the song's meaning, full details and the official music video.

The Song

"Hurt" is a mellow R&B track built on groovy drums and a soft, unhurried groove. The narrator keeps opening the chat window with someone she misses, typing messages she never sends, because a slow, half-hearted reply feels worse than silence. She is not interested in games: words alone mean nothing to her, and if he wants her, he has to come and show it first. The chorus turns that stand into a promise — "I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt."

The song was written by Gigi and Amanda Lundstedt, with music by 250 and Amanda Lundstedt and arrangement by 250. It runs for just under three minutes and closes the four-track EP. An earlier version of this page credited the song incorrectly; the credits above follow the EP's official track listing.

The Artists

NewJeans is a five-member South Korean girl group — Minji, Hanni, Danielle, Haerin and Hyein — formed by ADOR under the creative direction of Min Hee-jin. The group debuted by surprise in July 2022 with "Attention", and their debut EP New Jeans followed on 1 August 2022, going on to top the Korean album charts and become one of the defining K-pop debuts of the year. The members' soft, closely blended vocals carry "Hurt", giving its quiet refusal a warmth that keeps the song tender rather than bitter.

The Music Video

The music video for "Hurt" was released on 25 July 2022, a few days before the EP itself, through the HYBE LABELS YouTube channel. Shot in a soft, sunlit style with intimate close-ups of the members singing straight to the camera, it matches the song's mood perfectly: no choreography and no storyline, just the five members, the melody and the feeling of talking to someone who is not answering.

The Music Label

"Hurt" was released by ADOR (All Doors One Room), the independent label founded under Hybe Corporation by Min Hee-jin to launch NewJeans. Because ADOR releases its videos through HYBE's channels, the official music video for "Hurt" was uploaded to the HYBE LABELS channel, which is where the embed below plays from.

Song Details

SongHurt
SingersNewJeans
AlbumNew Jeans (EP)
LyricsGigi, Amanda Lundstedt
Music250, Amanda Lundstedt
Music LabelADOR (HYBE LABELS)

Hurt Lyrics in Korean

보고 싶은 생각에
들어간 우리 창에
나는 말을 거는데
보내지는 않을래
느린 한마디보다
조용함이 더 좋아
기다리고 있지만

매일 이런 건 아냐
난 재미없어 게임 같은 건
다 필요 없어
아무리 좋아도 널 no
말로만은 지겨운걸
먼저 와서 보여줘
먼저 와서 보여줘

'Cause I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)

매일 잠들기 전에
그리고 또 아침에
쥐고 있는 내 손엔
너 없는 화면인데
느린 한마디보다
조용함이 더 좋아
기다리고 있지만

매일 이런 건 아냐
난 재미없어 게임 같은 건
다 필요 없어
아무리 좋아도 널 no
말로만은 지겨운걸
먼저 와서 보여줘
먼저 와서 보여줘

'Cause I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)

여기까지야
네가 와있는 곳은
너무 멀었어
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
여기까지야
네가 와있는 곳은
너무 멀었어

I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt

Hurt Lyrics in Roman Korean

Bogo sipeun saenggage
Deureogan uri change
Naneun mareul geoneunde
Bonaejineun aneullae
Neurin hanmadiboda
Joyonghami deo joa
Gidarigo itjiman

Maeil ireon geon anya
Nan jaemieopseo geim gateun geon
Da pillyo eopseo
Amuri joado neol no
Mallomaneun jigyeoungeol
Meonjeo waseo boyeojwo
Meonjeo waseo boyeojwo

'Cause I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)

Maeil jamdeulgi jeone
Geurigo tto achime
Jwigo inneun nae sonen
Neo eomneun hwamyeoninde
Neurin hanmadiboda
Joyonghami deo joa
Gidarigo itjiman

Maeil ireon geon anya
Nan jaemieopseo geim gateun geon
Da pillyo eopseo
Amuri joado neol no
Mallomaneun jigyeoungeol
Meonjeo waseo boyeojwo
Meonjeo waseo boyeojwo

'Cause I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)

Yeogikkajiya
Nega wainneun goseun
Neomu meoreosseo
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Yeogikkajiya
Nega wainneun goseun
Neomu meoreosseo

I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt

Hurt Lyrics in English Translation

When I'm feeling all alone
Pull your name up on my phone
I start typing what to say
I won't send it anyway
Dragging words out one by one
From your fingers is no fun
Wait in silence, that's my way

But I'm not like this every day
I'm not into games, not gonna play
Not into your ways,
but I'm never gonna break, no
Don't want you to just say the words
You should come and show me first
You should come and show me first

'Cause I'm not gonna be
the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
(Oh, oh, ooh)

Every night now before bed
And when I wake up again
Silent phone here in my hand
Nothing from you, I just can't
Dragging words out one by one
From your fingers is no fun
Wait in silence, that's my way
But I'm not like this every day
I'm not into games, not gonna play

Not into your ways,
but I'm never gonna break, no
Don't want you to just say the words
You should come and show me first
You should come and show me first
'Cause I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (nah, nah)
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)
Hurt (oh, oh, ooh)

Feeling far away
Come a little closer, hey
But if you're unsure
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt
Feeling far away
But if you're unsure
But if you're unsure
I'm not gonna be the one to get hurt

Lyrics Meaning in English

"Hurt" is about protecting your heart before a one-sided attachment can wound it. The narrator misses someone and keeps opening their chat, typing out messages she deletes instead of sending, because she would rather sit in silence than drag a slow, reluctant reply out of him. Every night and every morning it is the same picture: a silent phone in her hand and nothing from him on the screen.

Her answer is a boundary, not a plea. She does not play games, empty words bore her, and loving him does not oblige her to accept whatever little he offers — if he wants her, he must come closer and prove it first. And if he stays unsure and far away, the song ends where it has to end: she draws the line here, because she is not going to be the one to get hurt.

Conclusion

"Hurt" may be the quietest song on New Jeans, but it is the one that lingers. Over a mellow R&B groove, NewJeans turn the pain of waiting on someone who will not come closer into a calm, firm promise: whatever happens next, they will not be the ones to get hurt. If the song spoke to you, share this page with fellow Bunnies and explore the other songs from the debut EP linked above.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who sings the song "Hurt"?

"Hurt" is sung by NewJeans, the five-member South Korean girl group made up of Minji, Hanni, Danielle, Haerin and Hyein.

Which album is "Hurt" from?

"Hurt" is the closing track of New Jeans, the debut EP by NewJeans, released on 1 August 2022 by ADOR.

Who wrote "Hurt" by NewJeans?

The lyrics of "Hurt" were written by Gigi and Amanda Lundstedt, and the music was composed by 250 and Amanda Lundstedt, with arrangement by 250.

When was the "Hurt" music video released?

The official music video for "Hurt" was released on 25 July 2022 on the HYBE LABELS YouTube channel, a few days ahead of the EP's release.

What is the meaning of "Hurt" by NewJeans?

In "Hurt", the narrator waits beside a silent phone, typing messages she never sends, and decides she will not chase empty words or play games. If he stays unsure and distant, she draws the line: she is not gonna be the one to get hurt.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

إرسال تعليق

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.