Choosin' Texas Lyrics - Ella Langley

Choosin' Texas Lyrics by Ella Langley. Lyrics in English, official video, details and meaning.


Introduction


"Choosin' Texas" is a song by American country star Ella Langley, released on 17 October 2025 and featured on her 2026 album Dandelion through Columbia Records and SAWGOD Records. A classic country heartbreaker about watching your man two-step back into the arms of a Texas girl, it has become the biggest song of her career, topping the Billboard Hot 100 in 2026 and leading a new wave of traditional country storytelling. Its official music video, released in April 2026 and creative-directed by Wales Toney, takes the song home to the dance hall where the damage is done. On this page you will find the complete Choosin' Texas lyrics in English, along with the lyrics meaning, the official video, complete song details and answers to the questions listeners ask most often about this song.

The Song


"Choosin' Texas" was written by Ella Langley with Luke Dick, Joybeth Taylor and Miranda Lambert, and produced by Langley, Lambert and Ben West. The story is told with a novelist's economy: she finally got him to fall in love with Tennessee, then made the mistake of taking him back to Abilene, where an old spark was waiting. The chorus reads his body language like a verdict: he is two-steppin' round the room, and judging by the smile written on his face, there is nothing she can do. A cowboy always finds a way to leave; he always loved "Amarillo by Morning", and she should have taken that as a warning. The bridge leaves her eastbound and down on I-40, crying through the miles, accepting that his heart still belongs to the Lone Star State. Every detail, Hank tunes, Memphis blues, Smoky Mountain rain, is chosen to make Tennessee feel like the life he is leaving.

The Artists


Ella Langley, from Hope Hull, Alabama, is country music's breakout story of the decade: a bar-band veteran whose raw voice and unflinching writing took her from Alabama honky-tonks to the top of the Hot 100. For "Choosin' Texas" she wrote alongside Miranda Lambert, one of the most decorated women in country history, who also co-produced the track, and hit Nashville songwriters Luke Dick and Joybeth Taylor. Lambert's fingerprints, the steel, the spite and the humour in the heartbreak, are all over the song's bones.

The Music Video


The official music video, creative-directed by Wales Toney through Whale Tale Music, premiered on Ella Langley's official YouTube channel in April 2026. It stages the song in a Texas dance hall glow: two-stepping couples, Jack Daniel's on the bar and Langley watching the whole story happen to her in real time, exactly as the lyrics promise. Watch the full official video in the section below.

The Music Label


"Choosin' Texas" was released by Columbia Records, the oldest surviving record brand in the world and home of country royalty for a century, together with Ella Langley's SAWGOD Records. You can visit Columbia's official YouTube channel through the link in the Song Details table below.

Song Details

Song:Choosin' Texas
Singer:Ella Langley
Lyrics:Ella Langley, Luke Dick, Miranda Lambert, Joybeth Taylor
Music:Ella Langley, Ben West, Miranda Lambert
Album:Dandelion
Director:Wales Toney
Music Label:Columbia Records
Language:English

Choosin' Texas Lyrics in English

Just when I thought I got him to fall in love with Tennessee
I shoulda known better than to take him back to Abilene
I put him right back into her arms
I wasn't a match for that kind of spark
She's from Texas, I can tell by the way
He's two-steppin' 'round the room
And judgin' by the smile that's written on his face
There's nothin' I can do
It doesn't take a crystal ball to see
A cowboy always finds a way to leave
Drinkin' Jack all by myself
He's choosin' Texas, I can tell
Well, I guess he forgot about the Smoky Mountain rain
Them old Hank tunes, the Memphis blues we used to sing
He always loved "Amarillo by Morning"
I should've taken that as a warnin'
She's from Texas, I can tell by the way
He's two-steppin' 'round the room
And judgin' by the smile that's written on his face
There's nothin' I can do
It doesn't take a crystal ball to see
A cowboy always finds a way to leave
Drinkin' Jack all by myself
He's choosin' Texas, I can tell
When I'm eastbound and down, and I can't help but cry
'Cause I-40 gets lonelier with every mile
I'll know that his mind wasn't ever gonna change
'Cause his heart still belongs to the Lone Star State
She's from Texas, I can tell by the way
He's two-steppin' 'round the room
And judgin' by the smile that's written on his face
There's nothin' I can do
It doesn't take a crystal ball to see
A cowboy always finds a way to leave
Drinkin' Jack all by myself
He's choosin' Texas, I can tell
Drinkin' Jack all by myself
He's choosin' Texas, I can tell
Come on, baby
Oh yeah
Just when I thought I got him to fall in love with Tennessee

Choosin' Texas Lyrics Meaning


The meaning of "Choosin' Texas" is watching a love affair end in real time, in a dance hall, with a smile on his face. Ella Langley did everything right: she got a Texas cowboy to fall in love with Tennessee, with her. But one trip back to Abilene puts him in the same room as the girl he came from, and Langley can read the ending off his two-step: a cowboy always finds a way to leave, and his heart still belongs to the Lone Star State. The song's genius is its restraint: there is no fight, no scene, just a woman drinking Jack alone, translating body language. The details she inventories, the Smoky Mountain rain, the Hank tunes, his love of "Amarillo by Morning", are her evidence that she should have seen it coming. It is a song about the difference between winning someone and keeping them, and about home being a rival no lover can out-dance.

Watch the Official Video


Conclusion


"Choosin' Texas" is a modern country standard in the making: written like a short story, sung like a confession and built on a chorus anyone who has ever lost to an ex and a hometown can sing along to. Save this page for the complete Choosin' Texas lyrics in English, the official video, the song details and the meaning, and explore the related posts below for more of today's biggest songs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who wrote Choosin' Texas?

Choosin' Texas was written by Ella Langley, Luke Dick, Joybeth Taylor and Miranda Lambert, and produced by Ella Langley, Miranda Lambert and Ben West.

Which album is Choosin' Texas from?

Choosin' Texas appears on Ella Langley's 2026 album Dandelion, and was first released as a single on 17 October 2025.

What does Choosin' Texas mean?

The song is about a woman realising her cowboy boyfriend is falling back for his Texas ex: watching him two-step around the room, she can tell he is choosing Texas over Tennessee, and over her.

Who is featured in the Choosin' Texas story?

The lyrics contrast Tennessee, her world of Smoky Mountain rain and Memphis blues, with Texas: Abilene, the Lone Star State and his favourite song, Amarillo by Morning.

Which labels released Choosin' Texas?

Choosin' Texas was released by Columbia Records and SAWGOD Records.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

إرسال تعليق

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.