I Like You (A Happier Song) Lyrics - Post Malone X Doja Cat

I Like You (A Happier Song) Lyrics by Post Malone, Doja Cat. Lyrics in English, official video, details and meaning.
I Like You (A Happier Song) Lyrics
I Like You (A Happier Song) Lyrics - Post Malone X Doja Cat

Introduction

"I Like You (A Happier Song)" is a feel-good pop-rap hit by Post Malone featuring Doja Cat, from Post Malone's 2022 album Twelve Carat Toothache. Written by Billy Walsh, Louis Bell, Post Malone, Jasper Harris and Doja Cat, and produced by Louis Bell and Jasper Harris, the song is a bright, flirty confession — two stars admitting they like each other over a bouncy, sun-soaked beat. On this page you will find the complete I Like You (A Happier Song) lyrics, the official music video, full song details and the meaning of the song explained.

The Song

The whole song hangs on the simplest possible hook: "Oh girl, I like you, I do". Post Malone wants to be her friend, go shopping in a Benz, fly her from France to Japan — but underneath the flexing there is something softer: now that he is famous, he says he needs a good girl, someone to ground him and share his heart with. Doja Cat answers with her own confident verse, matching his energy line for line, and the bridge quietly admits what the song is really about — "I just got a feeling that we might be friends for a long, long time". It is a happier song in every sense: light, warm and catchy.

The Artists

Post Malone is one of the biggest global stars of his generation, blending hip-hop, pop and rock into record-breaking hits. Doja Cat is a Grammy-winning rapper and singer known for her playful flow and viral songwriting. Together on I Like You, their chemistry turns a simple love confession into one of the standout collaborations of 2022. Producers Louis Bell and Jasper Harris give the track its polished, summery bounce.

The Music Video

The official music video of I Like You (A Happier Song), starring Post Malone and Doja Cat, is a colourful, romantic visual that matches the song's dreamy, happy mood. You can watch the official video below on this page.

The Music Label

I Like You (A Happier Song) was released by Republic Records (with Mercury Records) as part of the album Twelve Carat Toothache. The song is available on the label's official channels and all major streaming platforms.

Song Details

SongI Like You (A Happier Song)
AlbumTwelve Carat Toothache (2022)
SingersPost Malone, Doja Cat
Written ByBilly Walsh, Louis Bell, Post Malone, Jasper Harris, Doja Cat
Produced ByLouis Bell, Jasper Harris
Music LabelRepublic Records

I Like You (A Happier Song) Lyrics

Oh! oh! oh!
Oh! oh!

Oh! girl, I like you, I do
I wanna be your friend, go shopping in a Benz
I like you, I do
I'll hit you when I land
Can you fit me in your plans?
I like you, I do
We went over to France, then we woke up in Japan
I like you, I do (I do, mm)

Oh! girl, I know you only like it fancy (Fancy)
So I pull up in that Maybach Candy
Yeah! your boyfriend'll never understand me (Understand)
'Cause I'm 'bout to pull his girl like a hammy, hammy (Wow)
Let's take a lil' dip, lil' lady, hit PCH, 180
Hey! I've been thinking lately
That I need someone to save me
Now that I'm famous, I got hoes all around me
But I need a good girl, I need someone to ground me
So please be true, don't f*** around with me
I need someone to share this heart with me
Fill you up, then run it back again (Run it back again)

Oh! girl, I like you, I do (I do)
I wanna be your friend, go shopping in a Benz (Woo)
I like you, I do (I do)
I'll hit you when I land, can you fit me in your plans?
I like you, I do (I do)
We went to bed in France, then we woke up in Japan
I like you, I do (Mm, mm, I do)

Let me know when you're free
'Cause I been tryna hit it all week, babe
Why you acting all sweet?
I know that you want little ol' me
I get a little OD, but ain't s*** new to a freak?
Let me drop bands, put a jewel in ya teeth
He love the way I drip, turn that pool to the beach
And I coulda copped a Birkin but I cop Celine
Why we got the same taste for the finer things?
Brand new n**** with the same old team
Now he got me on a leash 'cause he said no strings
You know I'm cool with that
Stole the p****, you ain't get sued for that
(Get sued, sued)
Wonder what a n**** might do for that (Do, might do)
I could be your Chaka, where Rufus at? (Where?)
80 in the Benz when that roof go back, ayy!

They don't wanna see us get too attached
I just got a feeling that
We might be friends for a long, long time
You're mine and you know I like you for that

Oh! girl, I like you, I do (I do)
I wanna be your friend, go shopping in a Benz
I like you, I do (I do)
I'll hit you when I land
Can you fit me in your plans? (Baby, yeah!)
I like you, I do (I do)
We went to bed in France, then we woke up in Japan
I like you, I do (I do, mm, I do)

I just want you, I just want you
Your heart's so big, but that a** is huge
Just want you
Oh! baby, do you like me too? (Oh! oh!)

Girl, I like you, I do (I do)
I wanna be your friend, go shopping in a Benz
I like you, I do (I do, mm, I do)

I like you
Don't want it now, I'm with you

Lyrics Meaning in English

The meaning of I Like You (A Happier Song) is refreshingly direct: it is a happy confession of attraction. Post Malone tells a girl he likes her and wants something real — a friend and a partner who will ground him now that fame has filled his life with the wrong kind of attention. Between the luxury references (the Benz, the Maybach, trips to France and Japan) sits a sincere request: "please be true... I need someone to share this heart with me". Doja Cat's verse flips the power balance — she knows he wants her and enjoys every second of it. And the bridge gives away the ending: he feels they might be friends for a long, long time, and she is his — which is exactly why he likes her.

Watch the Official Video

Conclusion

I Like You (A Happier Song) is exactly what its title promises — one of the happiest, sunniest collaborations of 2022, with Post Malone and Doja Cat at their most charming. We hope the complete lyrics and meaning above helped you enjoy it even more. Keep visiting Muxic Leaks for more lyrics, translations and song meanings.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who sings I Like You (A Happier Song)?

I Like You (A Happier Song) is sung by Post Malone featuring Doja Cat. It is a track from Post Malone's 2022 album Twelve Carat Toothache.

2. Which album is I Like You (A Happier Song) from?

The song is from Twelve Carat Toothache (2022), the fourth studio album by Post Malone, released by Republic Records and Mercury Records.

3. Who wrote and produced I Like You (A Happier Song)?

The song is written by Billy Walsh, Louis Bell, Post Malone, Jasper Harris and Doja Cat, and produced by Louis Bell and Jasper Harris.

4. What is the meaning of I Like You (A Happier Song)?

The song is a joyful confession of liking someone. Beyond the luxury and flirting, Post Malone asks for a real, grounding love — someone true to share his heart with — and feels the two might be friends for a long, long time.

5. Where can I watch the official video of I Like You (A Happier Song)?

You can watch the official music video on this page above, or on Post Malone's official YouTube channel.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

Post a Comment

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.