Deva Deva Lyrics - Brahmastra | Arijit Singh

Deva Deva Lyrics by Arijit Singh. Lyrics in Hindi, Roman Hindi and English translation, official video, details and meaning.
Deva Deva Lyrics
Deva Deva Lyrics - Brahmastra | Arijit Singh

Introduction

Some film songs play like a prayer and a confession at the same time. "Deva Deva" from Brahmastra Part One: Shiva is one of them - a blazing devotional anthem composed by Pritam, written by Amitabh Bhattacharya and sung by Arijit Singh with Jonita Gandhi. Released in August 2022, just before the film, it became the sound of Shiva discovering the fire inside him.

On this page you will find the complete Deva Deva lyrics in Hindi, in Roman Hindi and in English translation, along with the full song details, the official song video and our own explanation of what the song means.

The Song

"Deva Deva" is built around a single image: fire. The sparks buried in the singer's chest only need a little air to become flame, and the whole song is that moment of awakening set to music. In the film, Shiva is a young man who learns that he is connected to the ancient astras and to Agni, the fire element itself, and this song plays as the turning point where he stops running from his power and offers himself to it, havan-style - everything he has, given to the sacred fire.

Pritam's composition rises like a chant, layering the "Om Deva Deva" refrain over pounding drums, while Amitabh Bhattacharya's words move between surrender and self-discovery: the singer is not a broken star cast out of the sky, he is a galaxy in himself.

The Artist(s)

Arijit Singh sings "Deva Deva" with a rare mix of softness and fury, whispering the verses about buried sparks before opening his voice out on the "Om Deva Deva" chants. Jonita Gandhi joins on the second antara, bringing the beloved's voice into the song and turning it into a duet about an old, fated bond.

The music is by Pritam, whose Brahmastra score blends Indian classical textures with a modern, stadium-sized sound. The lyrics are by Amitabh Bhattacharya, one of Hindi cinema's most celebrated modern poets. The film, directed by Ayan Mukerji, stars Ranbir Kapoor as Shiva and Alia Bhatt as Isha, with Amitabh Bachchan as Guru.

The Music Video

The official song video of "Deva Deva" was released on the Sony Music India YouTube channel. It shows Shiva in the mountains and temples of the Himalayas, surrounded by flames, prayer flags and the mystic world of the astras, as he surrenders to the fire within. The video has been viewed hundreds of millions of times. You can watch it in the video section below.

The Music Label

The Brahmastra soundtrack was released by Sony Music India, the official music label of the film. The label's YouTube channel is linked in the Song Details table below, where you can also find the film's other songs, including "Kesariya" and "Dance Ka Bhoot".

Song Details

Song:Deva Deva
Singer:Arijit Singh, Jonita Gandhi
Lyricist:Amitabh Bhattacharya
Music/Composer:Pritam
Director:Ayan Mukerji
Cast:Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Amitabh Bachchan
Label:Sony Music India
Language:Hindi
Movie/Album:Brahmastra Part One: Shiva

Deva Deva Lyrics in Hindi

चिंगारियाँ ये जो मेरे सीने में हैं दफ़न
इनको ज़रा देके हवा बन जाऊँ मैं अगन

दहक रहा है बनके शरारा देख मेरा बदन
सब कुछ मेरा करके फ़ना करता हूँ मैं हवन

ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

महसूस ख़ुद को मैंने किया जब तूने छुआ
ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

कितनी ही दफ़ा मैंने देख के
अनदेखे किए अंगारों के ख़ुद में निशाँ
ना इनको मिली कभी दिशा

मैं टूटा हुआ वो सितारा नहीं
बेदख़ल जिसे कर चुका हो ये आसमाँ
मैं ख़ुद में हूँ एक कहकशाँ

शिकवे पुराने सारे पीछे मैं छोड़ता हूँ
उगते सूरज से अपनी उम्मीदें जोड़ता हूँ
दुनिया बदलने मेरी आया है ये लम्हा, लम्हा

ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

महसूस ख़ुद को मैंने किया जब तूने छुआ
ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

इश्क़ हमारा नहीं ये फ़ितूर है
रिश्ता पुराना कोई तो ज़रूर है
आके मिले हैं उसी के तो वास्ते
ये रास्ते, ये रास्ते

तू है हवाओं का झोंका, मैं आग हूँ
तू रागदारी है मेरी, मैं राग हूँ
मैं जी रहा हूँ तेरे इंतज़ार में
आवाज़ दे, आवाज़ दे

तेरी सराय ढूँढ रहा था मेरा बंजारा मन
सब कुछ मेरा करके फ़ना करता हूँ मैं हवन

ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

महसूस ख़ुद को मैंने किया जब तूने छुआ
ॐ देवा देवा
ॐ देवा देवा नमः
नमहो नमः ॐ

Deva Deva Lyrics in Roman Hindi

Chingariyan ye jo mere seene mein hain dafan
Inko zara deke hava ban jaaun main agan

Dahek raha hai banke sharara dekh mera badan
Sab kuchh mera karke fanaa karta hoon main havan

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Mehsoos khud ko maine kiya jab tune chhua
Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Kitni hi dafa maine dekh ke
Andekhe kiye angaaron ke khud mein nishaan
Na inko mili kabhi disha

Main toota hua woh sitaara nahin
Bedakhal jise kar chuka ho yeh aasmaan
Main khud mein hoon ek kahkashaan

Shikve puraane saare peechhe main chhodta hoon
Ugte sooraj se apni ummeedein jodta hoon
Duniya badalne meri aaya hai yeh lamha, lamha

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Mehsoos khud ko maine kiya jab tune chhua
Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Ishq humara nahin ye fitoor hai
Rishta purana koi toh zaroor hai
Aake mile hain usi ke toh vaaste
Ye raaste, ye raaste

Tu hai havaon ka jhonka main aag hoon
Tu raagdaari hai meri main raag hoon
Main jee raha hoon tere intezar mein
Aavaaz de, aavaaz de

Teri saraaye dhoondh raha tha mera banjaara man
Sab kuchh mera karke fanaa karta hoon main havan

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Mehsoos khud ko maine kiya jab tune chhua
Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva namah
Namaho namah Om

Deva Deva Lyrics in English Translation

These sparks that lie buried in my chest
Give them a little air, and I will turn into fire

Look, my body is blazing like a burning ember
I offer everything that is mine into the sacred fire

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

I truly felt myself when you touched me
Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

So many times I looked at them
And ignored the marks of embers within me
They never found a direction

I am not that broken star
That this sky has already cast out
Within myself, I am a whole galaxy

I leave all the old complaints behind me
And tie my hopes to the rising sun
This moment has come to change my world, this moment

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

I truly felt myself when you touched me
Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

Our love is not some passing madness
There is surely an old bond between us
These paths have come and met only for that reason
These paths, these paths

You are a gust of wind, I am the fire
You are the keeper of my melody, I am the melody
I am living in the wait for you
Call out to me, call out to me

My wandering heart was searching for your shelter
I offer everything that is mine into the sacred fire

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

I truly felt myself when you touched me
Om Deva Deva
Om Deva Deva, I bow to you
I bow, I bow, Om

Deva Deva Lyrics Meaning in English

"Deva Deva" is a song of awakening. The singer begins with sparks buried in his chest - a power, and a self, that he has kept hidden and ignored for years. All it needs is a breath of air: a touch, a moment of recognition, and the spark becomes fire. He offers everything he has into the havan, the sacred fire, which is both surrender to God and a promise to burn away his old life.

The verses turn that image inward. He has looked at the marks of embers inside himself and pretended not to see them; they never found a direction. Now he declares that he is not a broken star thrown out of the sky - inside himself there is a whole galaxy. He leaves old complaints behind, ties his hopes to the rising sun, and when the beloved's voice enters, the fire becomes love: two people bound by an old connection, meeting again because their paths were always meant to cross.

Inside Brahmastra, this is Shiva's story exactly - an ordinary young man who discovers the fire of Agni within him and must decide whether to fear it or become it. That is why "Deva Deva" feels less like a film song and more like a mantra: it is the sound of a man turning into his destiny.

Watch Deva Deva Video Song

Watch the official song video of "Deva Deva" from Brahmastra below, released by Sony Music India.

Conclusion

"Deva Deva" is the blazing heart of the Brahmastra album - a chant of fire, surrender and self-discovery that sounds as powerful on a playlist as it does in the film. Arijit Singh and Jonita Gandhi's voices, Pritam's rising composition and Amitabh Bhattacharya's elemental poetry made it one of the most loved Hindi songs of 2022.

Bookmark this page for the full lyrics in Hindi, Roman Hindi and English, and keep exploring more songs from Brahmastra and other films on Muxic Leaks through the links above.

FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Who sang the song "Deva Deva"?

"Deva Deva" was sung by Arijit Singh and Jonita Gandhi for the film Brahmastra Part One: Shiva.

Who composed the music of "Deva Deva"?

The music of "Deva Deva" was composed by Pritam, who scored the full Brahmastra soundtrack.

Who wrote the lyrics of "Deva Deva"?

The lyrics of "Deva Deva" were written by Amitabh Bhattacharya.

Which movie is "Deva Deva" from?

"Deva Deva" is from the 2022 film Brahmastra Part One: Shiva, directed by Ayan Mukerji and starring Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Amitabh Bachchan.

Which music label released "Deva Deva"?

The Brahmastra soundtrack, including "Deva Deva", was released by Sony Music India.

About the Author

"Hi, I'm Asad Ghazanfar - a passionate music enthusiast with a love for movies, songs, and lyrics. As the author of this blog, I aim to provide accurate and engaging song lyrics in every language. With my background in music and my attentio…

إرسال تعليق

Please drop you valuable comments here 👇
Cookie Consent
We serve cookies on this site to analyze traffic, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience.
Oops!
It seems there is something wrong with your internet connection. Please connect to the internet and start browsing again.
AdBlock Detected!
We have detected that you are using adblocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we earn by the advertisements is used to manage this website, we request you to whitelist our website in your adblocking plugin.
Site is Blocked
Sorry! This site is not available in your country.